How has a quarter of the year gone by already? In less than 250 days we will be on the start line in La
Gomera… and there is still so much to do… But we managed to pack in a whole bundle of training, talks
and larks in March, including:
- Headline news… Source Global Research came onboard as a gold sponsor! Source is the leading
provider of information about the market for professional services. We’re delighted they want to be an
active partner including joining us soon for a beach clean.
- Office oracle have become our crew land kit sponsors and additionally bronze boat sponsors. We’ll
been unveiling our new, super professional look very soon.
- We’re partnering with Tent Meals whose delicious and nutritious vegan meals will form a very important
part of our food supplies out on the Atlantic. We’re delighted they are intending to go plastic free before
Training and events
- It was life jackets, life rafts and a fully clothed dip in the pool as we undertook our sea survival training.
Another skill we hope to never use…
- We shared our plans for adventure with a purpose with Susan’s colleagues as part of the NAO’s
Learnfest… and encouraged them to reject single use plastic.
- It was two days of all things Atlantic Challenge with our Ocean Rowing Course with Lee Fudge.
Everything from rules and regulations, to boats, to safety and rescue, to snacks and of course most
importantly, bum care.
- We hit the gym in a session with the Andy of ABC coaching – Andy is not only a great strength and
conditioning coach, he’s an expert in sports psychology. Training our brains and to work as a team is as
vital as getting our bodies in shape.
- Following Andy’s advice it’s the gym 3 times a week with at least 3 rowing sessions.. each of us… each
In other news..
- It’s been a busy press month with articles in Vegan Food, Livekindly and Green Matters. See more of our press coverage here.
- We were inspired at an evening of Wild Words and Inspiration, organised by fellow female trio ocean
rowers, Terrific Pacific. We learnt about the history of ocean rowing, the adventures of the amazing Alex
Mason on the Pacific Coast Trail and met one of our inspirations; Roz Savage who has rowed 3 oceans
- We hit 5000 twitter followers! It amazes and delights us to have such fantastic interactions with people
all over the world.
- Lots of speaking – 3 April at Unfinished Business, 18 April at the Canvas Café, 19 April at Medalia and
30 April Quadrant, Chelmsford.
- Our screening of a Plastic Ocean is confirmed at the Whirled Cinema, Brixton on 17 May – come along
and see the film, hear from the Status Row crew and get your plastic free goody bag! Tickets available
- We’ll also be attending the screening of A Plastic Ocean as part of the St Albans Sustainability Week, appearing
on the panel for a Q&A.
- We’re very excited to hit Caroline’s home village for the Kimpton May Festival on 3 May!
- See our full line up of events here.