And another month has flown by… We’ve been absolutely blown away by the messages of support we’ve been receiving from people all over the world. We took some time to re-read the messages as a team yesterday and we were almost in tears! THANK YOU, all of you. 😘
Every single person that has been affected in some way by what we’re doing, YOU are the reason we’re doing this. To know that our website and social media posts are actually having an impact makes every burpee worthwhile!! Please keep the messages coming!
Meanwhile, here’s some of the things we’ve been getting up to this November.
- Susan discovered “adventure with a purpose” at Adventure Uncovered Live
- Caroline & Jess continued the adventure vibe, meeting some like minded souls at RGS Explore
- At the Marine Conservation Society AGM, Caroline met some of the brilliant team behind their success (and had a sneak peak into what’s in store from Blue Planet 2 from 2 of the producers)
- Caroline talked rowing with The Tempest Two, ultra-triathletes at a Tribe event and has joined their community of runners.
- Jess was introduced to David Burt, Bermuda Premier at the Bermuda Reception in London.
- Susan joined Plastic Free Seas on a beach clean in Hong Kong
- Susan speed mentored with Step up, getting some great advice on teamwork from Olympic Hockey gold medalists Helen & Kate Richardson-Walsh.
On December 17th, the team will be heading to the MCS beach clean in Southend-on-sea. If you’d like to join us, sign up here
- KeepCup generously supplied the team with reusable coffee cups to ensure we can keep well away from single use coffee cups ☕️
- Snact joined our growing list of product support-oars.
- We added new donation packages to the website to make it even easier for our support-oars to support us
- We’ve been so blown away by all your wonderful messages of support that we’ve added a few to our donations page too
- Our business cards arrived!
- We signed up to our mandatory courses - can’t wait to get started next year.
- Caroline was lucky enough to receive a Concept 2 rowing machine so now she has 0 excuses when it comes to training.
- Susan’s been putting in some hard hours at the gym. 💪
- Jess’s training plans continue to push the team to the their limit - leaving us waddling like cowboys
- Had our story published in the Bermuda Royal Gazette - read it here
- Featured in the Women’s Sport Trust Mixed Zone ‘She Who Dares’ initiative - read it here
- Passed 1,000 twitter followers!
- Caroline turned 31 and celebrated by hiking in the Peak District and used it as an opportunity to sample the vegan expedition food options from Outdoor foods for the trip.
- Susan touched her toes & did 3 press ups!! 🎉
- Jess made the switch to soap bars instead of using plastic bottles of shower gel.
So yeah, another busy but incredible month. We’re excited to see what December brings! If you love what we’re doing and would like to support the team, there are load of ways you can get involved:
- help crowdfund our campaign by becoming a member of the 100 club,
- follow or like us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram,
- tell a friend about us,
- sign up to our mailing list,
- donate some goods in kind,
- or mention us to potential corporate sponsors.
Here’s to an equally incredible December